IT Strategy and Consulting
Plan to get the most out of your technology
Whether you need an impartial review of your IT infrastructure, strategies to get the most from specific technologies, or an overarching technology roadmap, our expert technology consulting team will approach IT decision-making from a business strategy perspective. We're all about finding new and better ways to apply technology for business advantage - now and in the future.Why Origin?
Let’s get started
Here are the services we offer to help you realise the full potential of your technology.
- Infrastructure Review
- Workplace Strategy
- Network Strategy
- Cloud Strategy
- Technology Roadmap
- IT Strategy
Infrastructure Review provides you with a 360° view of your IT environment and maps the results against industry best practice standards. Analysing the technologies and services that your business currently employs, the review will provide you with independent expert analysis and the foundation to plan for development.
The Infrastructure Review will highlight three key areas within your IT: risks to your business, performance and availability shortfalls, and technology development to meet business needs.
- A detailed report with recommendations, actions and any investment required to match best practice standards across these areas, in line with your business growth strategy.
Approximate timeframe: 3 to 5 daysFind out more
Workplace strategy looks at the world through the lens of your end users, and assists with the adoption of collaboration tools such as Office 365 that can transform the way in which they work, interact with each other and customers, and provide increased value to your business. Collaboration technology in isolation rarely drives the changes in ways of working and increases in efficiency that businesses are aiming for. Our Workplace Strategy offering provides the collaboration adoption strategy, migration planning and user change initiatives you need to ensure you’ll realise the full potential of today’s powerful collaboration tool sets.
- An analysis of your current capabilities against industry-proven best practice
- Identification of the people in your business who will be targeted for collaboration improvements, and an analysis of their current and ideal ways of working
- A transformation plan that covers short, medium and long-term actions, and key investments
Approximate timeframe: 2 to 3 weeksFind out more
We take an outcomes-based approach to networking that assesses your current state and future needs, helping you move to a more agile and optimised network. Your network strategy can cover everything from the data centre to the branch office, mobile workers to the cloud. We’ll help you embrace the change that leads to a more agile network. This will enable you to take advantage of digitisation, mobility and cloud.
- Assessments and workshops to help align your networking roadmap with current and future users’ needs
- An assessment of your existing network infrastructure assets, evaluation of your readiness for SDN and SDWAN, and selection of best-fit, best-value networking technologies
- Options for the sourcing and deployment of networking solutions to ensure outcomes are met
Approximate timeframe: 2 to 4 weeksFind out more
When it comes to the cloud, there’s no one-size-fits-all formula. From simple adoption projects to complex migrations, we bring an expert, right-sized and pragmatic approach to cloud strategy for your business. Our first step is to take a look at your existing infrastructure, application and data architectures to create a workload analysis. Via a consultative process, we will assist in the selection and prioritisation of workloads to be migrated, taking into account risk and appetite for change. This produces a set of guiding principles, an adoption strategy and an indicative programme of work for cloud adoption.
- Workload analysis (based on a review of your existing infrastructure, application and data architectures
- An overarching cloud roadmap
- An adoption strategy and indicative programme of work
Approximate timeframe: 3 to 4 weeksFind out more
Businesses often get stuck in a reactionary cycle that prioritises short term technology needs at the expense of long term business strategy. Without an effective technology roadmap, this cycle is near-impossible to break. Technology roadmapping enables better investment decisions by identifying critical technologies and technology gaps, and ways to leverage existing or new investments. It’s critical whenever it’s unclear which alternative to pursue, how quickly the technology is needed, or when there is a need to coordinate the development of multiple technologies.
Our consulting team will work with you to build and iteratively review and govern a roadmap that will align your short and long term technology goals with your business strategy, allowing you to articulate exactly how technology will drive your business forward.
- A defined, needs-driven scope, with sponsorship and participation from necessary stakeholders
- A review of critical systems, major technology areas, technology drivers, and technology alternatives
- A validated roadmap report
- A high level implementation plan and indicative budget
- An iterative review and govern process
Approximate timeframe: 4 weeksFind out more
Our consulting team will work with you to develop an IT strategy that aligns to and supports your business goals. We begin by assessing your business’ drivers, opportunities, constraints, risk appetite, and the state of your current IT. We use this foundation to develop a pragmatic strategy based on sound reasoning, insights and data; not intuition and assumptions.
You’ll receive an IT Strategy document including:
- IT mission, vision and guiding principles
- Strategic goals and a target state vision
- Defined objectives, measurements and initiatives
- An IT roadmap
Approximate timeframe: Approximately 4 weeksFind out more
Anatomy of a technology roadmap
Designated owners for each project
Estimated project costs and duration
High-level justification for each project
Prioritized list of improvement opportunities
Strategy statement agreed by all stakeholders
Case Study - Loyalty
We worked with big data specialists Loyalty New Zealand to better support their end users and improve infrastructure performance, bringing greater control and freedom to their IT leadership team.Read more