Managed IT Support
Let us free you up to focus on growth
With the expansion of technology into every facet of our own and our customers’ lives, both the complexity of the IT function and the workload of the in-house IT department has grown exponentially. By partnering with Origin you’ll free up time and resources to go beyond the essential but expected tasks involved with keeping the organisation up and running and into more rewarding territory, such as contributing to innovation and customer satisfaction.
Origin handles the day-to-day IT needs of its clients with a level of efficiency and cost-effectiveness they find impossible to replicate in house. We’re ‘right-sized’ for medium sized enterprises. We have the scale to give you access to enterprise-grade resources and know-how but we’re still lean enough to be agile, personable and highly responsive.
Managed support for a fixed monthly fee doesn’t have to mean you’re boxed into a one-size-fits-all solution. We allow you – actually, we encourage you – to scale up and down whenever the business demands it. Breathe in, breathe out, and pay for precisely what you need with Origin.Why Origin?
Let’s get started
Here are the services we offer to keep you up and running, 24/7.
- Remote Monitoring and Management
- Incident Management
- Data and Analytics
- Governance and Risk Management
- User and Device Management
- Application Support
With Origin, instant IT support is available to you around the clock, 365 days a year, wherever you are. We use Connectwise, the world’s leading service management tool, to provide end-to-end traceability and eliminate black holes, meaning our customers experience a seamless journey at every step. Connectwise also allows us to accumulate learnings across our entire client base, allowing for faster issue resolution. With 52,000 service tickets and 36,000 phone calls to our helpdesk per year (93% rated positively by customers), our experience grows by the second. You name it, we’ve seen it - and we know how to fix it.
24/7 access to our support team for everyone in your business, from wherever they are, 365 days a year
An ‘information, assistance and resolution’ resource that troubleshoots any problems with your network, end user computers, designated applications and other IT related products/peripherals
A service level agreement with assured incident resolution times
Remote Monitoring and Management
Origin’s automated, proactive monitoring and management processes deliver a level of service that's virtually impossible to replicate at an individual business level. We use Automate, a best-in-class Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) tool, to remotely and proactively manage your endpoints, networks and computers. Our processes and technology make daily tasks scaleable; resulting in maximum efficiency, timeliness and flexibility. The result? We can prevent and resolve IT issues for a fraction of the equivalent in-house man hours, while radically reducing the occurrence of human error.
- Remote patching and updates for all users and servers
- Live, real time system monitoring and management for all endpoints and servers
- Server performance and availability monitoring (including server CPU usage, temperature and memory usage)
- Management of scheduled server scans, backups and service packs
- Scheduled Maintenance Windows to ensure your network is stable and is performing at its optimal level
IT downtime is costly and extremely frustrating to your end users and customers. Our remote monitoring and maintenance software and team of analysts will detect issues in real time, usually heading them off at the pass before they result in any downtime. But sometimes incidents are unavoidable and unforeseeable (WAN or power outages, hardware failures or software glitches, for example). In these cases, our engineering team will instantly spring into action, night or day, 365 days a year. The depth and breadth of our team, combined with our accurate and intimate knowledge of your infrastructure, means we can have you back up and running in a fraction of the time it would take to remediate the problem in-house.
- Unlimited onsite support and maintenance for users, equipment, software and third party support requirements
- Instant notification of any incidents, followed by half-hourly updates until it’s resolved
- Provision of workarounds while incident resolution proceeds
- Resolution of incidents within agreed timeframes
Data and Analytics
Our expert team provides regular, in-depth reporting and analysis of network performance and system activity, to give you have a rich picture of how your IT is delivering to your business goals. You’ll have more insight, more control, and complete confidence that no threats or opportunities to improve performance will slip through the cracks.
- A weekly, comprehensive Network Health Report for all endpoints, allowing you to review system activity and the inventory of your computers without interrupting users
- A weekly Job Summary Report, showing jobs opened and closed, current open jobs, and total time we spend managing your network
- Weekly Operations Report
- Monthly Backup Report
- P1 Incident Reports as required
Governance and Risk Management
Keeping on top of documentation is a real hassle for most businesses, but it’s crucial for risk mitigation and future-proofing your business for change and growth. Origin maintains up-to-date, detailed and accurate documentation of every client’s infrastructure on Confluence Wiki, a centralised and secure knowledge base. When something fails we can pinpoint the cause and respond quickly.
- Up-to-date documentation of your infrastructure
- Six monthly service delivery planning
- Six monthly review of progress against strategic priorities
- Monthly and quarterly business reviews covering high level progress and account status
User and Device Management
Our User and Device Management service will reduce the total cost of ownership of your user devices, and increase security, standardization levels and accessibility through the introduction of an integrated management approach. This, coupled with 24/7 incident resolution for your end users, ensures your staff are always on.
- Management of new device induction and decommissioning
- Remote access to all users’ computers for fast, efficient support
- Creation of new user accounts and change requests
- Deployment and installation of end user applications
- Management of device system upgrades
Our Application Support service supports both standard and bespoke applications to Level Two. We leverage our size and scale to escalate to software service providers (such as collaboration, productivity and CRM software), as required. This provides high levels of support that exceeds that provided by software vendors alone, and frees up your end users’ time as they need only work with with one point of contact.
- 24/7 application support
- Email management
- Creation of new user accounts and change requests
- Application software installations, troubleshooting and updating
- A service level agreement with assured incident resolution times
Around-the-clock protection and repairOur Network Operating Centre (NOC) is the engine room of our Managed Support service. It constantly monitors your systems via a myriad of component heartbeats, and can ‘self heal’ well known server issues before they become a problem. If there’s an issue that can’t be resolved automatically, it is immediately escalated to our support team, and you’ll be continuously informed of resolution progress. Our NOC is able to protect Origin’s customer networks around the clock at a cost effective price through automation and notification optimisation - a level of service that would be near impossible to replicate in an individual business.
End-to-end security managementManaged support and managed security are effective on their own but put them together and they reinforce each other, forming a highly advantageous union. Find out more about Origin’s specialist managed security service. Managed Security
Case Study - Jucy
Our first discussions with Origin in 2010 led us to look at IT in a very different way. Previously we had viewed it as purely a cost to our business. Origin opened our eyes to seeing the degree to which technology could be used to enhance and benefit our business.” - Dan Alpe, COORead more